Friday, September 15, 2017

Surfing in Cambodia: a strain review




Today I decided to play mad scientist. What got me going was reading through a blog post from a grower who liked to mix and match his herbal bounty. He felt that just smoking one strain at a time was not sufficient. In order to get really high, he said, you had to mix up four or five different strains at one time and then fire it up.

Well, there are days that I am what I read and today I decided to take up this man's advice. Who am I to get in the way of science? After the family departed and I got my first round of housework out of the way I found myself with a bit of time to mess about in my sticker patched trunk, I dug around through my strain jars, read up on what the strains consisted of, broke them down and did my best to try to get to the bottom of how they were supposed to make you feel, just like I did earlier on with my Blue Dream experiment. That day I was the investigative reporter of my dreams, out there witnessing the fun and glory of Super Silver Haze and Blueberry strains, finding out what kinds of highs they were, all on their own. I thought, why stop there? I was just about to start to break those two strains down to their land race elements when I came across the above mentioned article. Why breed a new strain in the hothouse when I could make up things in the kitchen instead?

I have to admit that I was comforted knowing that my company does pretty much the same thing when they make up their oil products. They will take a five or so flower strains, grind them up and then gather together all that flowery goodness into one big CO2 processor and make the delicious oils we are known for all over Colorado. I know I will never go quite so crazy as that. I like to have small fun, instead. Instead, I take a look at my holdings, take out three or four kinds of cannabis that might go well together and then I take a bit of bud from each jar and grind them up. My Mendo Mulcher has been a radically grand toy to have around, especially for projects like this. Every time I mix up a batch the closet that I am squirreled away in goes from being a mere storage room for our clothes to a opulent, grand scented hashishin's den.

Today I smoked a sample of a blend I call "Surfing in Cambodia". It is a mix of Chemdog, Skunk No. 1 and a Phnom Penh strain I found awhile back at Verts in Fort Collins. I have to admit that I did use it on top of an earlier application of Viet Thai, a truly stellar, ceiling-less  sativa. The total sum of those herb pools mixed together was, to say in the least, very stony, indeed. What I experienced was what I have been looking for out of an herb for quite a long time. It had the high, open ceiling of a quality sativa, the goofy, smiley goodness of a fine hybrid and the happy, couch locky feeling that I have been craving out of an indica. I guess when you add up all the the strains in the above mix...Colombian, Mexican, Thai, Afghani, Cambodian...you should expect a nice compounded sativa head high and a righteous indica body stone. When I mixed it up I did give it some thought and it turned out just like I wanted. A short, pleasant moon shot and then a nice afternoon spent on the couch watching Tony Jaa.

I have a few others blends I have been messing with but have yet to sample. It's been fun accumulating land races and simple strains like Northern Lights, AK-47, Acapulco Gold and Maui Wowie. It's been like getting out ingredients in the kitchen and pulling together a nice pan of cookies. And just like those treats coming out of the oven, I get to be baked, too. Huzzah!

Salud!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    cheap balloon decorations singapore 

    ReplyDelete