Friday, November 3, 2017

Sexy time




All the years that I was in the library business I never got the question I recently ran into in Pueblo.

I was about at the end of my run, a six stop delivery day. Those big runs are always fun, especially when the conversations run into old school genetics and the current fascination customers have with strains such as Colombian Gold, Malawi sativas and old Mexican varietals such as Highland Oaxacan or Acapulco Gold. Okay, so, there I was, Leaf on the Mesa, standing at the counter, taking a look at their flower, when the conversation between the budtender and his customer turned my way.

"So, what kind do YOU like?" asked the swarthy middle aged customer.
"Well, it's depends. I always ask my partner, when I am breaking out mota for the day, how do you want to feel? Are we going to have some weed with coffee? Are we going out for a walk? Are we going to do some cooking....."
"What if you want to fuck?"
Well, without batting an eye I looked at him and said "That Lucy right there looks great. High in CBD..."

A trained professional all the way. I learned long ago that there's no such things as a stupid question. I learned to work the tools that helped me answer things like "what is the capitol of Tonga?" or "how do you fry pole cat?" or "when does the next bus come by heading to downtown?" That man's query was just a matter of fact thing, nothing to it.

I wish I had had the time to really help him flesh out his question. We in the marijuana trade know that cannabis has been known as a  Class A aphrodisiac for centuries. We don't, by law, give out medical advice. We don't tell folks that cannabis is going to solve this medical concern or do that to your medical problems. And while we have our hands tied by Colorado MED rules and regs in regards to dispensing advice we can certainly talk about the anecdotal efficacies that the plant and it's products have had on us. We would if we could talk up our personal experiences, chat all day long about how cool our stuff is for sexy time. But alas, we are there to sell product, not make idle conversation.

My colleague there at the Leaf took over the sale but if I had had a chance to chat and didn't have a delivery to attend to I would have offered up the following sales pitch:

First, I suppose, I would have wanted to know what kind of fu..., er, lovemaking. did he had in mind? Athletic? Memorable? A seduction, perhaps? A good night in the sack with his old lady? Goodness, there are tons of ways to bring cannabis into the equation. Flower, concentrates, topicals, edibles, tinctures, the sky is the limit. I like to think how this particular path has been explored in recent months in my neck of the woods. We've indulged a wide variety of products, some recommended by coworkers who have had a chance to mess about with samples, others explored because of possible employment with a firm I was hoping to interview with.

As a matter of fact, one of the greatest finds I've stumbled across recently came about while I was talking with the staff of the Underground Station in Trinidad one afternoon. I like to spend a moment while I am out delivering to chat up with staff about the stock their dispensaries have on hand. I saw that they carried a relatively new (to me) confection, 1906 chocolates. I found out that our CO2 oil was part of the make up of these delicacies. I heard that they had a "lovers chocolate", too, that was supposedly the bomb. Well, I was told, "they tasted like chocolate, sure, no big deal, but if you want to show your woman a good time try out Foria". Well, that started up what was to be a pretty ribald sales pitch on the part of the staff there, with all three gals weighing in on how great that particular product was.

I couldn't afford their prices there in Trinidad but once I got back to my shop I took advantage of my employee discount and picked up the "Weekender" model we had in stock, a smaller, more affordable bottle of the same recommended product and took it home for a try. This was after I had already laid in a bottle of the massage oil by Mary Jane's Medicinals, a packet of the extra strength Apothecanna lotion and a delightful 2:1 IndigoPro Harmonia cannabis oil cartridge.

We're not total hedonists or anything like that, mind you, but we do like to sample new and exciting cannabis things that are out there, to see what works best for us. Take, for instance, one Sunday last summer we started out with a a touch of CBD oil and a quarter portion of a gummy each, went out and took a long hot afternoon swim, came back home, took a hit off the Magic Flight Launch box (an indica hybrid, natch), took a warm relaxing shower then spent the afternoon messing about and giving each other massages with that medicated lotion. With the fan blowing overhead it felt like my whole body was being caressed by magical fairies or something like that! Total immersion in the wonders of cannabis!. Lately the Foria product has come into play and, brother, is it ever a dandy product! Highly recommended!

I'll never know what that guy ended up purchasing that day for his upcoming "good time". What I found nifty about that exchange was that three middle aged guys could stand around in the middle of the day in a pot shop and talk about what would be a good strain to go out and get down with. There is really way too much fun to choose from these days to really make a decent, focused recommendation on just one kind of flower. And really, why just stop there? In the end I suppose it really is a matter of preference and need, something that comes out in the "reference interview".

As an older guy in a loving relationship I am really happy for the wonderfulness, the efficacy, the freshness that cannabis plays in our lovemaking. It's a long ways from the days when callow boys would think "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker".  Yeah, we're older and wiser now and there is no reason to be in a hurry, to be anything but caring and kind, as that care and consideration in the love making department is what matters the most. And to tell the truth, when it comes down to that subject, "straight with no chaser" is how we like it best. But if we are going to play, well, let's make it something that will allow us to remember that wonderful moment the next morning, please. That is the best kind of mota potion I could ever recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Prime Video may not work on your device. Open the Prime Video app on your smartphone to see if it works on Roku or smart TVs. Or, you can open Prime Video on your computer. Try again by restarting the device Prime Video is not running on.primevideo.com/mytv
    amazon.com/mytv
    paypal login
    paypal login
    paypal login
    amazon.com/redeem




    ReplyDelete