Friday, August 19, 2016

Let's make a little hash, shall we?


I woke up this morning and thought “caviar roll”. For some reason the richness, the stickiness, the outrageousness of it seemed really appealing. Why I was thinking about finely grated top shelf cannabis rolled with ice water hash and slathered with hash oil at 6 in the morning is somewhat confounding to me at the moment but there it is. Then I was distracted and the thought went away. Coffee and a roll in the hay will do that to a man.

But the morning has rolled on and here I am again, thinking about that one special payday purchase. I wanted something fun and novel and the roll seemed like the right thing to get the weekend going. But then I thought of all the flower I could buy with the same amount of bucks and it got me thinking,"hmm, better deal, perhaps". 

Even better, says I, to buy a bit of flower and a gram of ice water hash. It would be more like the bargain sensation I feel every time I go grocery shopping. I think of what I have been spending lately going out to eat and it breaks my heart knowing what I know about the cost of cooking at home. I know that the same amount of cash spent at King Soopers instead of eating out will yield me far more meals than what I get out of one restaurant experience. So,, the thinking goes, maybe the same thing will apply at the dispensary. The purchase of one caviar roll versus the purchase of separate flower, oil and hash ingredients. I know that the cash out lay will be outrageously high but I think of the eventual yield. Plus, I get to make it myself. 

I like to be in the kitchen, I get a lot of satisfaction out of planning, shopping for and making meals. Plus there is the benefit of leftovers. The same thing has to apply to building cones at home. What could be wrong about having caviar roll fixin’s around the house? From what I can see from here nothing much at all.

Reading about the cultural history of hashish leads me to believe it’s pretty much a homemade product anyway. Reading through net posts I can see that making it at home is still going on in a big way. I am excited to do it, to see the process in action myself. My gal has told me tales of the hash snakes she used to roll off her hands after trimming. Looking at the recipes enclosed below I can now see the value of having all the rest of that plant matter around after harvesting. Someday I would like to do that, grow my own and then, after the flowers have been harvested, turn the rest of the plant into a mild form of homemade hash.

In the mean time I think a dispensary run will have to do. Like any good shopper I will do a price comparison and see what would be the best option for me this weekend. I like the idea of building my own caviar roll, just like I like the idea of building my own hamburger. Yum on both accounts!

Before I close I want to share with you a quick blog post by Mike Riggs posted on September 9, 2011. It’s short and to the point: these things we love that are outlawed not only criminalize a good medicine but they also inhibit people from engaging in cultural pastimes that have gone on for centuries. May we all be so lucky, to someday be able to strip down and run naked through the fields and gather hash the natural way!


Here’s the blog post:

"In a piece about the Kyrgyz and Kazakh residents of Chu Valley, where some of the world's best hash comes from,Radio Free Europe reminds us that the war on drugs is often a war on cultural pastimes:
It begins with a freshly showered person riding naked for hours on a clean, washed horse inside a two-meter-high "forest" of marijuana.
Afterwards, the human body and that of the horse are covered with a thick layer of resin mixed with sweat.
This produces a substance that is usually dark brown in color, which is then thoroughly scraped off the human and horse's bodies.
The mixture is subsequently pressed, molded into bars, and dried.
The "plastilin" that results from this process effectively comprises very concentrated marijuana bars.
A couple of small, pinhead-sized pieces from one of these bars added to a regular cigarette is enough to make the smoker happy.
This sort of marijuana is also very easy to carry or stash and is therefore very popular among drug users.
But it is a lot harder to produce this form of the drug because you need more time to make it.
Imagine 10, 20, or 30 individuals running or riding naked in a field of wild marijuana. It goes without saying that they are more exposed and it is easier to catch them. Nonetheless, people do it and they have been doing it since time immemorial."

Salud!

The source for the above quote, with video!
 http://reason.com/blog/2011/09/09/imagine-10-20-or-30-individual

Nice overview of the art:
http://www.synchronium.net/2009/08/23/how-to-make-hash-the-ultimate-guide/


No comments:

Post a Comment