Friday, August 26, 2016

Oh, to toil in the field


A virgin no more!

I sent off my first letter of interest to a cannabis firm today and I am super happy to have done it. I have been pussy footing around with the idea of it for over a year now and today was the day that it had to be done. Two letters of rejection from two different libraries the past two weeks for upper level management jobs told me that I am not going in that direction anymore. I hit the top of the game in my field, did well with it and now need something different.

I am passionate about cannabis and very excited to see the direction it is going after so many years of prohibition. I may not be young, hip or cool but I will bring to the industry a sense of wonderment, maturity and adventure that is missing from the jaded hearts of so many who think that working with mota is the given, not the hard won privilege it is.

Here's my letter, For me this is like being a business owner who frames and mounts that first five dollar bill on the wall of the store. May this effort lead to a full till. Here's to toiling in the field of cannabis! Huzzah!

Salud!



Hello!

Glancing at my resume you might be wondering if I dropped it off at the wrong location. You might be thinking, Denver Public Library, not Native Roots. But I saw your job for Project Coordinator posted on the Indeed website and I had to take a crack at it.

Looking at the job description I see that there are many parallels in what you are seeking in a strong candidate and in what I have to offer. As a degreed professional in an industry that has a strong universal brand (more libraries in America than McDonalds!) I can appreciate what the local leader in cannabis is looking for. My first experience perusing cannabis as a recreational user was at the Eagle-Vail shop. I was so impressed with your store, your staff and your branded bags that I shared the experience with dispensaries back in Mendocino. Now that I am living here in Colorado I can see why your image and brand are so strong as they are truly one of the best designed and sharpest operations in a region burgeoning with cannabis operations.

My years in public service have allowed me to build up talents that would easily transfer over into the private sector. In regards to this position I feel that my customer relations skills, staff supervision background, years of running branches and teams, ability to organize, work budgets, utilize visual merchandising and displays to the benefit of sales, my understanding of statistics and measurements, ability to throw programs, my polish and skills of working with large groups of people, presentation background and outreach talents, will bring to your organization and your staff a polish and sense of excitement that might be lacking in other candidates.

One of the strengths of library worker is confidentiality. In the growing cannabis business this a vital asset. Another is passion for the product. I have been following the cannabis trade for several decades and have never been as excited as I am now about the product and industry as I have been in the past few years. 2016 should prove to be the bellwether year for the cannabis trade, there will be no better time to get in. I would truly enjoy joining my talents with yours to see what we can do together.

Thanks for your time and consideration. I look forward to talking with you further.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment