Thursday, September 1, 2016

Ah, well, we've known this for a while





I was a med card holder in Cali. It took me too long to act on securing one but once I did I did my very best to make up for lost time. I was a regular denizen of the shops in and around San Francisco and the Bay Area, but my regular stomping grounds centered around the dispensaries in the grand old county of Mendocino.

What sold me on finally getting my card was the shocked look on the face of the physician that was conducting my qualification physical. She took my blood pressure and was a bit distressed by my numbers. Now, I am regular user of prescription drugs to control my blood pressure but my job at the time, as County Librarian, had me on the road many hours a day and exercise became a very small part of my life. My weight ballooned, I was behind a desk when I wasn't driving, I had a lot of silly people to contend with and I struggled with the burning desire to get away from the frontier life my partner and I had gotten ourselves into.

Then, I discovered cannabis. Now, I had been smoking pot there on the coast with a wild group of people for a while but I hadn't found my way to the goodness of medical cannabis. Once I secured my card I did my research and started using a wide variety of tinctures and edibles to counter my blood pressure. My research turned into an educated view on herb which helped me make the case to allow it into the house.

Betwixt my daily doses of hemp oil, my regular use of high CBD tincture, an increase in my exercise patterns, my decreased "fondness" for wine (always a problem in wine country!) and a renewed interest in all things cannabis, I found that my acceptance of the good people of the Emerald Triangle went up dramatically while my blood pressure went down in an equal dramatic fashion! I was sold on the medical efficacy of the plant and became, from that time on, an advocate of MMJ.

I have not seen an increase in my BP since that long ago physical, least ways, nothing like it was. My fondness and respect for the good herb has increased significantly, to the point where I want to take that educational show on the road, to join the band, so to speak. My research and experience says to me that this is the time to get out the word. IF you have any doubts about how some in the medical establishment feel about pot, well, the article posted below is just what the doctor ordered.

So to all my white haired brethren, if you are thinking about coming back to marijuana or are just contemplating what good it might do you, seek out some literature and educate yourself. Go online and do some research. If you are fortunate enough to live in a state where cannabis is medically legal, stop by a dispensary and talk to the folks who work the desk and ask about their products and services. But most of all, seek out a peer or someone in our age bracket who uses cannabis and talk honestly about cannabis with them, see what they have to say. If their story is anything like mine I think you might find yourself interested in going one step further in your exploration.

Heal yourself, first and foremost. Then let's all groove together!

Salud!

Read what this good doctor had to say about cannabis!

No comments:

Post a Comment